Sean Patrick
Sean Patrick
10:00am - 3:00pm
WEEKENDS
Request A Song
My Profile
banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner banner
Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.

  • KORN SUED BY EX-DRUMMER DAVID SILVERIA

    Original Korn drummer David Silveria is suing his former bandmates, according to TMZ.com. Silveria claims that his 2006 exit from the group was merely a hiatus and that he was rebuffed when he tried to return to the band in 2013. Silveria says he still has ownership interest in Korn and is asking a judge to force the band to reveal how much money they've made since he left so that he can get his rightful share.

    Silveria is said to be especially upset over the fact that Korn welcomed back guitarist Brian "Head" Welch two years ago but wouldn't do the same for him. Welch left the group in 2005 and continued as a solo artist before rejoining in 2013.

    • Silveria told Rolling Stone magazine in December that he felt it was "wrong" for Korn to play its self-titled debut album without him on its current tour, saying that he had "just as much of a creative input as any of (the other) guys while writing and making (the) record."
    • Korn has been celebrating the 20th anniversary of its first CD by performing the record in its entirety at select gigs.
    • After his departure from Korn, Silveria retired to Huntington Beach, California and opened a restaurant.
    • Korn singer Jonathan Davis told us that he believed Silveria had lost his passion for playing music, saying, "The first two albums, I think, he really enjoyed playing drums and then after that he just lost his love for playing drums. It happens."
    • Silveria told fans in 2013 that Korn was not the same since he left, saying, "Until they have the real 'funky drummer' it's just not gonna groove the way it could. I've made it clear that I would come back and restore the groove."

  • MUSIC INDUSTRY SETS FRIDAY AS NEW WORLDWIDE RELEASE DATE

    The international recording industry has declared that starting this summer, all new music will be released globally on Fridays. According to multiple outlets, the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), which serves as the worldwide governing body of the industry, announced on Thursday (February 26th) that the new plan would go into effect this July.

    IFPI CEO Frances Moore said, "Music fans live in the digital world of today. Their love for new music doesn't recognize national borders. They want music when it's available on the Internet -- not when it's ready to be released in their country. An aligned global release day puts an end to the frustration of not being able to access releases in their country when the music is available in another country."

    • Although there have been exceptions, most new music in North America has traditionally been issued until now on Tuesdays.
    • Many countries in Europe, including the U.K., release new music on Mondays, while other parts of the world see new releases arrive on different days.
    • The IFPI hopes that the change will reduce piracy that has resulted in the past from new music being released earlier in one country than others.
    • The initiative also seeks to allow artists to launch global social media campaigns and "re-ignite excitement and a sense of occasion around the release of new music."
    • The IFPI consulted with artists, unions, labels and retailers, while also doing research that suggested Fridays and Saturdays are the days on which people would buy most new music.
    • The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), retail organization The Music Business Association and digital services like Spotify all came out in support of the change.
    • But Martin Mills, head of the British indie label Beggars Group, was against the change, saying, "I fear this move will also lead to a market in which the mainstream dominates, and the niche, which can be tomorrow's mainstream, is further marginalized."
    • Although the music business has gone through a lot of drastic changes in the last 15 years, Soundgarden's Chris Cornell told us not long ago that he thought it was a good time to be an artist: "The business of music as we know it is gone, and what it can be is sort of whatever you make it, and the rules change every day. There pretty much aren't any, and that's an exciting feeling too, because that was the feeling we had in the beginning as an indie band. It was kind of like, 'Well, we can sort of write this book any way we want,' and that always worked for us. And that's kind of where we're at now."
    AUDIO: SOUNDGARDEN'S CHRIS CORNELL ON THE STATE OF THE MUSIC BUSINESS

  • BILLY CORGAN DECLARES WAR ON POP MUSIC, DISSES KANYE

    Smashing Pumpkins frontman Billy Corgan has declared war on pop music. According to Billboard, Corgan stopped by a local morning show this week while on tour in Australia, where he was asked about the state of pop and replied, "To me (pop music) is headed towards a form of pornography. You have young women sexualizing themselves earlier and earlier in really inappropriate ways to gain attention because it's really all about getting YouTube hits."

    Corgan blamed the decline of the music industry not on streaming or illegal downloading, but on the dumbing down of music itself, saying, "Our business is shrinking because it's becoming more lowest common denominator."

    • Corgan also said that rock acts need to take a "more aggressive" stance against pop artists, explaining, "Particularly in America there's a very cozy relationship between rock stars and pop stars -- and I don't think that's a good relationship. Everybody belongs on their own side of the street for a good reason."
    • The singer and guitarist was also asked about the recent incident at the Grammy Awards where Kanye West rushed the stage after Beck won an upset victory over Beyonce for Album of the Year.
    • Corgan responded, "I think it's inappropriate for any artist to take somebody else's moment and make it their own . . . I’ve stood at that podium too and I’ll tell you what, if somebody got up on my stage, I would knock them out."
    • Corgan and the current version of the Pumpkins are touring behind the band's latest studio album, Monuments To An Elegy.

  • TOOL SINGER SAYS WORK ON NEW ALBUM IS 'PROGRESSING NICELY'

    Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan has posted an update on the band's new album at its Facebook page, writing, "I've been making regular trips to L.A. to check on the writing progress of my Tool brethren. Things are progressing nicely. Slowly, but definitely progressing. Nothing is recorded yet, but the guys are confident that the pieces are coming together swimmingly and will be ready for me to begin writing melodies and content 'soon.'"

    Keenan added, "I'm as anxious to get this album completed as everyone else. But as history will show, you can't rush these gents. Patience is Gold in this Sound Mine. In the meantime, as always, other things are simultaneously occurring. Life is too short not to create something with every breath we draw."

    • It's been nine years since Tool released its last album, 2006's 10,000 Days. The band has toured a number of times since its release but has apparently gotten serious about making a new record in the past year.
    • Guitarist Adam Jones revealed last July that lawsuits involving a former friend of the band and an insurance company had been putting a drag on the group both creatively and financially since 2007.
    • The ex-friend claimed that he was owed money for artwork he had given the group, while the insurance firm -- which was supposed to protect the band against such claims -- sued the band for "technicalities" regarding the case.

  • KID ROCK SLAMS BEYONCE, KORN AND OBAMA IN NEW INTERVIEW

    Kid Rock went hunting, talked guns and took digs at Korn, President Obama and Beyonce in a new interview with Rolling Stone, while praising U.S. troops and Axl Rose. The magazine's reporter spent a day with Rock, whose real name is Bob Ritchie, at his 500-acre Alabama estate, where Rock shot three wild boar and showed off his gun collection, including a semi-automatic with a silencer. He explained, "Guys with the president carry this. You have to get these pre-1985 with a silencer. I bought it when ‘Obummer’ came into office, because I’m thinking, ‘What if he f**kin’ bans guns?’"

    • Rock revealed in the interview that being a single dad at 22 and needing to make a living is what inspired him to switch early in his career from doing pure hip-hop to rap-rock, saying, "He was pretty much dropped off at my door at six months old: ‘You raise this f**king kid.’ I was like, ‘This has gotta work.’ So what’s popular? Korn. I knew I can do that s**t in my sleep. But let me throw in "Only God Knows Why" and "Cowboy" so I can have a career."
    • Rock told us that he's instilled the value of hard rock into his now-grown son, who has a daughter of his own: "I tell my son, I'm like, you know, 'Make no mistake, you know, I've made a lot of money and I know your friends all tell you I'm rich -- and I am. You're not. If I cut you a check right now that'd be doing you a disservice. You've got to go out and take hold of this world and go through some of the hardships and try and find your way and, you know, pay your own bills, your cellphone, your car, get an apartment and, you know, get yourself started, and I'm your biggest fan.'" , titled First Kiss.
    • Rock is bringing back his popular "Best Night Ever" tour for a second year. All tickets on his upcoming U.S. trek from the second row to the lawn will be priced at $20, with reduced parking and service fees keeping the total cost below $30. The jaunt kicks off on June 24th in Hartford, Connecticut and will continue into early September.
    AUDIO: KID ROCK ON WHAT HE TEACHES HIS SON ABOUT MONEY

  • HOZIER'S 'TAKE ME TO CHURCH' EXTENDS STREAK ON 'BILLBOARD' ROCK CHART

    Hozier's current single "Take Me To Church" topped Billboard's "Hot Rock Songs" chart this week for the 19th time, tying it with Lorde's "Royals" for the third-longest stint on the throne. Only "Radioactive" from Imagine Dragons with 23 weeks and "Rope" from Foo Fighters with 20 weeks have lasted longer in the same position. The track also sits at Number Five on Billboard's overall Hot 100 and has only just slipped out of the Modern Rock Top 10.

    The Irish singer says he's overwhelmed by the response he's gotten in the U.S. so far: "It's been crazy, man. I've been very fortunate and people have really connected with the music and, in a way, a lot more, a lot faster than I thought. So I don't know, I'm thrilled and I'm excited to tour here a bit more and spend more time here in America. It's kind of taken me by surprise; I'm still kind of processing it, if that makes sense." .
AUDIO: HOZIER ON THE RESPONSE TO HIS MUSIC IN AMERICA

  • JIMMY PAGE SAYS OUTTAKES PLAYED A CRUCIAL PART IN 'PHYSICAL GRAFFITI'S SUCCESS

    Jimmy Page credits the outtakes featured on Led Zeppelin’s 1975 Physical Graffiti for helping define the band’s beloved double album set, which just was reissued in expanded form this week. Just under half of the set was culled from the band’s three previous albums -- but none were discarded at the time due to their quality, but rather for not fitting the vibe of their parent album. Page told us that with the extra room available on Physical Graffiti, there finally was room for these orphan tracks to find a place.

    We asked Jimmy Page if the inclusion of the outtakes from Led Zeppelin III, Led Zeppelin IV, and Houses Of The Holy were due to specific types of songs not being recorded during the "new" 1974 sessions for Physical Graffiti: "Well, there’s a number of contributing factors to it. The first thing is, that what comprises, like, the ’74 recordings -- 1974, I should say, (laughs) otherwise people might think there’s 74 tracks and there’s more to come! Um, but it was the second visit to Headley Grange. And on the first visit to Headley Grange, we’d come out with the material for the fourth album, for heaven sake. And there were three tracks left over; one of those was called ‘Boogie With Stu,’ another one of those was ‘Night Flight,’ and another was ‘Down By The Seaside.’ If you think about it, none of those tracks could’ve substituted anything that wagon the fourth album. That was really, really compact. It was perfect, y’know what I mean? The whole pacing of what was on it, and everything -- but nevertheless -- those three tracks were really cool; they all had strong character to them. And there was also ‘Houses Of The Holy,’ (which) is an important one, because ‘Houses Of The Holy,’ was kept back intentionally from the album House Of The Holy, to go on the next album - whatever album that may be. There was ‘The Rover,’ there was the instrumental ‘Bron-Yr-Aur’ - there was this, that, and the other. They were all these things that were actually strong character pieces that could well go into a double album."

    • Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience tour dates (subject to change):
      March 3, 5 - Solana Beach, CA - Belly Up Tavern
      March 6, 7, 8 - Las Vegas, NV - House Of Blues
      March 11 - Napa, CA - Uptown Theatre Napa
      March 12 - Reno, NV - Knitting Factory Concert House
      March 14 - Rancho Mirage, CA - The Show At Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
      March 16 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot
      March 17, 18 - Aspen, CO - Belly Up Aspen
      March 22, 23 - Nashville, TN - Marathon Music Works
      March 25 - Birmingham, AL - Iron City
      March 26 - Mobile, AL - Soul Kitchen
      May 5 - Knoxville, TN - Bijou Theatre
      May 8 - Atlantic City, NJ - Borgata Hotel, Casino & Spa / Music Box
      May 9, 10 - Montclair, NJ - The Wellmont Theater
      May 13, 14 - Westbury, NY - NYCB Theatre At Westbury
      May 17 - Cleveland, OH - Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
      May 19 - Albany, NY - Palace Theatre
      May 21 - Rama, ON - Casino Rama Entertainment Centre
      May 24, 25 - Saint Charles, IL - Arcada Theatre
      May 27 - Tulsa, OK - Brady Theater
      June 4 - Dallas, TX - House of Blues
      June 5 - Austin, TX - Emo's
      June 6 - Houston, TX - House of Blues
    AUDIO: JIMMY PAGE ON INCORPORATING OUTTAKES INTO 'PHYSICAL GRAFFITI'

    • INDUSTRY NEWS

      SETH MACFARLANE SUED OVER 'TED' BOTTLE OPENERS: A man is suing Seth MacFarlane for using his concept of talking bottle openers to promote Ted. He claims to have licensed his product to many companies over the years including Twentieth Century Fox to use for Family Guy back in 2006. Ted bottle openers were sold as part of a special edition DVD of the movie back in 2012 and the man is suing for all of the money Seth made from those sales as well as nine times that amount for damages.

      ROSAMUND PIKE JOINS 'THE DEEP BLUE GOOD-BY': Fresh off her Oscar nomination, Rosamund Pike has landed a co-starring role opposite Christian Bale in The Deep Blue Good-by. The film is based on the 1964 book by John D. MacDonald. It was the first novel in a 21-book series about a man who recovers others' property for a living while fighting off bad guys and meeting women in the process.

      MERYL STREEP WILL PROVIDE VOICEOVER FOR NEW DOCUMENTARY: Meryl Streep will be lending her voice to a new documentary called Shout Gladi Gladi. The project deals with women's health issues in Africa -- specifically fistula. The film is being co-directed by Adam Friedman and Iain Kennedy.

      'EMPIRE' RATINGS CONTINUE TO RISE: The ratings for Fox's Empire just keep getting bigger. 13.75 million viewers tuned in for Wednesday (February 25th) night's episode. This marks the seventh week in a row that the numbers have improved from the week before. It is the fastest growing drama on the network since House back in 2004.

      RICHARD LINKLATER FINDS NEXT PROJECT TO DIRECT: Boyhood director Richard Linklater has signed on to direct the film adaptation of Where'd You Go Bernadette. It is based on the 2012 novel of the same named by Maria Semple. It tells the story of Bernadette -- an agoraphobic architect and mother who goes missing prior to a family trip to Antarctica. The book is narrated by her 15-year-old daughter.

    • BILL COSBY: 'I'M FAR FROM FINISHED'

      Bill Cosby has released a statement, thanking his fans for their support. As we all know, 34 women have come forward in the past couple of months, accusing the 77-year-old comedian of sexually assaulting them. Just this week, another woman claimed that Cosby sexually assaulted her back in 1984.

      In the statement, Cosby said, "Dear Fans: For 53 years you have given me your love, support, respect and trust. Thank you! I can't wait to see your smiling faces and warm your hearts with a wonderful gift — LAUGHTER. I'm ready!"

      He continued, "I thank you, the theatre staff Heymann Performing Arts Center, the event organizers and the Lafayette Community for your continued support and coming to experience family, fun entertainment."

      • He ended the statement with, "Hey, Hey, Hey — I'm far from finished. Sincerely, Bill Cosby."
      • Earlier this week, Richard Pryor's widow Jennifer Lee Pryor called Cosby a "hypocrite" and a "piece of sh*t."

    • NAYA RIVERA'S HUSBAND CLEARS UP TRUTH ABOUT BABY ANNOUNCEMENT

      Naya Rivera's husband, Ryan Dorsey, squashed the rumors that Big Sean had anything to do with their pregnancy announcement. He took to Twitter on Wednesday (February 25th) to clear up the rumors that Naya purposely dropped the news on the day that her ex's album was released.

      Ryan wrote, "S/o 2 whoever sold the "news" 2 the greatest "magazine" in the world -OK Magazine, who informed us yesterday they were releasing it 2day. Even though it was way before we wanted to share...At the very least, thanks for the heads up OK so we could share it on our own. #Dadlife!"

      • Ryan and Naya got married on the same day that she had planned on marrying Big Sean before their split.

    • LUPITA NYONG'O'S OSCAR DRESS STOLEN

      The pearl-embellished Calvin Klein dress that Lupita Nyong'o wore to the Oscars has been stolen. According to TMZ, it was swiped from her hotel room at The London in West Hollywood.

      Officials from the L.A. sheriff's department told Us Weekly on Thursday (February 26th,) "We believe it was taken sometime during the day yesterday (2/25). We are looking at every scenario; when the cleaners go to clean the rooms they do it with the door open so that's a possibility. Currently we are still investigating, detectives are interviewing and looking for witnesses."

      • Investigators are also looking at security footage in the hopes of finding the culprit.
      • The custom-made dress was created by Francisco Costa and features 6,000 white pearls. It is valued at $150,000.

    • View All

    LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services